Ucluelet Field School Coordinator (Full-time)
The goal of the Raincoast Field School is to increase outdoor learning opportunities
for students in our local public schools.
With guidance and support from their supervisors, the Ucluelet Field School Coordinator will
develop & deliver educational and interpretive programs about the natural environment and
the cultural history of the region for each class at Ucluelet Elementary School. A large part of
this role is to collaborate with a variety of teachers to develop programs that are connected
to in-class learning. The Field School Coordinator will develop a positive rapport with the
entire school, and implement year-round outdoor, experiential programming for every class,
beginning in September 2018. Lessons will be tailored to each age group (kindergarten to
grade 7), so experience working with and developing educational programs for children is
The Ucluelet Field School Coordinator will also be responsible for implementing safety
protocol within each program and will seek out opportunities to collaborate with the Tofino
Field School Coordinator whenever possible.
In addition, the Ucluelet Field School Coordinator will (as necessary) assist with research
and monitoring programs, assist with events, and assist with the organization's
communications and public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in the natural sciences, education, or a related field
- 3-5 years previous interpretation or education experience
- Knowledge of local ecology and local history
- Experience working with people and in a team environment
- Experience working with children in a non-formal education environment
- Experience working with and collaborating with First Nation communities
- Experience working outdoors for extended periods of time
- Experience in Risk Management and implementing safety protocol
- Standard first aid certification
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid certification or willingness to obtain AWFA certification
- Guiding certificates (such as kayaking or life saving skills) is an asset
- Class 4 Driver’s License, or willingness to obtain Class 4 license
This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) year-round position based in Ucluelet BC. Salary is $38, 000.
The candidate will be responsible for securing housing either in Tofino or Ucluelet.
The Ucluelet Field School Coordinator will be based primarily out of Ucluelet and will also work closely with staff in Tofino.
Application deadline is Friday May 11.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org