Single Photograph Submission Guidelines:
• Submission period is: January 25, 2017 - Feb 12, 2017. Photos are due by midnight on Feb. 12.
• Entrants can submit their original photos taken on the West Coast of Vancouver Island (from Sooke to Cape Scott) in the following manners:
1) Using the Facebook photo contest app on the Raincoast Education Society Facebook page.
2) Using the Instagram tags #capturingthecoast2017 and @raincoasted in an Instagram post.
3) Emailing your JPEG images to email@example.com with subject line: Capturing the Coast Submission.
• By submitting your photographs to the Capturing the Coast Single Photo Contest, you are allowing the Raincoast Education Society to use your photographs for promotional purposes (i.e. website, posters, etc), with attribution. Photos will not be sold. Photos will not be used by anyone other than the Raincoast Education Society. Photographers maintain ownership of their photos.
• The Capturing the Coast photography contest designed to celebrate the natural world, the people, and the unknowns of Vancouver Island’s wild West Coast. Photographs should inspire people to explore, adventure and respect the region, and highlight the importance of stewardship and conservation.
• There is no limit on the amount of photos you can submit, but if your image is selected as a finalist, we will require a print-quality version of the photograph from you (Instagram and the Facebook contest app compress image quality).
• Entrants who submit to the Single Photograph Contest cannot also submit to the Slideshow Contest.
Single Photograph Contest Details:
• Five photographs from each category (20 total) will be selected as finalists by the judging panel, and will be printed and presented for audience voting at the Capturing the Coast event at Shelter Restaurant on Feb 25. The photograph with the most audience votes in each category will win the category prize. Winners will be selected and announced at the event, and prizes will be given out.
• Photographers selected as finalists will be notified prior to the Capturing the Coast event, and should either be in attendance or have a friend designated to accept the prize for them.
• Prizes: Category winners will receive prize packs worth ~$300.