Slideshow Submission Guidelines:
• Submission period is: Jan 25 - Feb 12, 2017. Slideshows are due by midnight on Feb 12.
• The Slideshow Contest is geared toward accomplished photographers who have a comprehensive portfolio of photographs from the West Coast of Vancouver Island (from Sooke to Cape Scott).
• Entrants who submit to the Slideshow Contest cannot also submit to the Single Photo Contest.
• Submit a slideshow of still photographs (no video) between 3-6 minutes, in .MOV format, set to music, by the deadline.
• Submissions can also be sent to email@example.com via dropbox or wetransfer. Or, bring your submission to the Raincoast Education Society office in the Ecolodge building of the Tofino Botanical Gardens (1084 Pacific Rim Hwy.). Call ahead at 250-725-2560 to make sure someone is in the office. Or, send a CD or USB flash drive containing your submission to Raincoast Education Society, PO Box 815, Tofino, BC.
• The Capturing the Coast photography contest is designed to celebrate the natural world, the people, and the unknowns of Vancouver Island’s wild West Coast. Photographs should inspire people to explore, adventure and respect the region, and highlight the importance of stewardship and conservation.
Slideshow Contest Details:
• Up to Five slideshows will be selected as finalists by the judging panel, and will be presented for audience voting at the Capturing the Coast event at Shelter Restaurant.
• The slideshow with the most audience votes will receive the grand prize.
• Photographers selected as finalists will be notified prior to the Capturing the Coast event, and must be in attendance to introduce themselves and their slideshow on the night of the event (or have a friend designated to introduce their slideshow at the event).
• Slideshow presenter order will be determined by random draw.
1st place: $1,000 cash + 2 night stay at the Wickanninish Inn in Tofino, BC
2nd place: $200 cash + prize pack
3rd place: prize pack