If you fish in the winter, we need your help!
Here is how it works:
The winter diet of chinook salmon is a huge mystery.
Help the RES learn more about the health of fish in our waters by donating the stomachs of any fish you catch.
Winter samples are WAY more valuable to this ongoing research and local anglers can make a major contribution with minimal effort.
All you need to do is follow a few easy steps…
- Go fishing (the fun part)
- Catch a species of salmon (the best part)
- Measure the fish (length and weight) & record the essential data on a data card
- Carefully clean the fish without cutting open the stomach
- Bag all the guts with the card & freeze
- Call the RES for pick-up! (250-725-2560)