We are hiring an Operations Coordinator
Operations Coordinator (download pdf)
The Raincoast Education Society (established 2000) is a non-profit organization based in Tofino, BC with a mandate to shape an environmentally sustainable future for the Clayoquot and Barkley Sound region through education and community stewardship. We seek to accomplish our mission through a broad range of high-quality educational and research programs focused on the natural environment, cultures, and communities of the Clayoquot and Barkley Sound region.
The RES is currently seeking applications for the position of Operations Coordinator within our organization. This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week), year-round position based in Tofino, B.C. The start date for this position will be as soon as possible (Fall of 2021). The candidate will be responsible for securing housing.
Primary roles and responsibilities will include:
The Operations Coordinator is in charge of the general day-to-day administration of the RES and is responsible for managing RES events, office admin duties, daily and monthly bookkeeping tasks as well as assisting with grant reporting and program development.
The RES is a small and tightly knit team. We are looking for someone who can work well in a group, but is self-motivated; someone who is detail-oriented but still enjoys enjoys variety and flexibility; someone who shares the values of the organization but is eager to try new things and help us keep growing!
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with ongoing research and monitoring programs carried by the RES and other collaborating organizations. This includes assisting with data collection in the field (e.g., surveys, scientific sampling, etc.) as well assisting with data entry and analysis.
- Supporting core programs of the RES by assisting with other tasks as required, including helping run and organize weekend and evening events.
- Assist with preparing material to be included in grant applications or other fundraising efforts
An ideal candidate will be:
- Extremely detail-oriented and a bit of a perfectionist. While a high degree of creativity and flexibility is an asset, an ability to meet deadlines and stay organized even when things get hectic is imperative.
- Reliable: Strong organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Experienced in the non-profit sector, especially as pertains to grant writing and reporting, financial management (QuickBooks), general bookkeeping and community engagement.
- Very comfortable and confident working independently. While this position involves close collaboration with others, an ability to work independently with minimal oversight is critical.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not possess the exact combination of qualifications listed above. Candidates 30 years and younger are highly encouraged to apply. Eco Canada Youth Funding may be used to support this position.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter, CV, and references to Taylor Sidak at email@example.com with your full name and “Operations Coordinator” in the subject heading. Any questions can be directed to the same email address.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission. We advise all applicants to apply as early as possible, and we encourage anybody interested in learning more to contact us directly!